Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Week 2 of the MTC

Hi everyone!

This last week was a bit more interesting than the week before. Everyone was on edge with stress. Halfway through the week we all just kind of broke and it was not uncommon for us to fall into hysterical laughing fits. I had some struggles of my own, learning about how to teach different people and personalities. Last Monday we started TRC visits (training resource center) where we would meet with two different investigators and try to teach them according to our purpose which is to bring others unto Christ. Both of our investigators (Sis Foster and I) didn't seem at all interested in coming closer to Christ and Heavenly father and were more interested in debating certain policies the church has given us. Well, one of them did that. The other investigator seemed more interested in the social aspect of the visit and didn't seem too keen about listening to what we had to share with her. I definitely felt like a therapist quite a bit last week. But I learned a little more about God and how to lean on him when I feel like I can't keep going anymore. I learned how to listen to Him more and rely on His love for His children when I would much rather turn and run the other way because it seemed too hard. I learned a little more about patience and humility. Things will almost never go my way, no matter how hard I try to control things. The Lord is all-knowing and I have to rely on His wisdom and not my own. I don't know everything, but I don't need to as long as I rely on the Lord. 

I also got sick on Sunday night and yesterday I just got worse and worse. The cool thing about being in a district is that I have access to the priesthood through eight Elders who hold the priesthood authority! Before Sis Foster and I went back to our room for the night, the Elders asked if I wanted a blessing. I wasn't too sure but I let them anyway. It was really weird to hear them say my full name (I almost forget that I have a name other than Sister Conrad sometimes).  But when they gave me the blessing it helped a lot. Some of the things that the Elder said to me were really comforting to hear. He reminded me that my Heavenly Father knew my worries and weaknesses and that He would strengthen me. He also told me that I would be well enough to start off my mission successfully by the time I leave the MTC next week and head down to Arizona. Knowing that I have that promise makes me feel better today, even though I am still sick. I know that I will be well again by next week and ready to serve my Heavenly Father. 

I am so excited to get into the mission field guys! I can't wait to leave this campus and get to start moving around and meeting people and learning more! I'm far from being totally prepare but I know that the Lord will help me in my preparations. I love you all and can't wait to hear from you all!

Love, 
Sis Conrad

No comments:

Post a Comment